You might notice that there is no refined sugar in these treats, that’s because I don’t think they need any. If you feel either of them needs a little more sweetness for your tastes feel free to add some.
The first strawberry treat I have for you is a smoothie. I love these for breakfast when I’m in a rush. I always have frozen fruit in the freezer, just for smoothies. I like the taste of smoothies using frozen fruit, but fresh fruit would would just as well here. Just pour them into a portable cup and drink on your way to work. If you want to up the healthiness factor, you can add flax or chia seeds, or even some protein powder. If you want to up the indulgent factor, add some cocoa powder and sugar or other sweetener.
The second is something I like to make myself when I’m craving a creamy dessert but feel like doing any work. It’s quick and easy to put together, and the drizzle of maple syrup is a perfect finishing touch.
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (or vanilla), I use greek yogurt for the added protein
- 1 cup milk (soy or almond also work)
- mint leaves
- Put all ingredients in a blender and puree till smooth. Serve!
Strawberry and Ricotta Cup
- Maple Syrup
- Strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta, cinnamon, and a couple of tablespoons maple syrup.
- Put ricotta mixture in serving bowls, top with strawberries and almonds. Drizzle some maple syrup on top.