Perfect Thanksgiving Pie. Everyone saves room for Pie and to me Thanksgiving dessert is all about the Pie, whether Pecan, Pumpkin, Apple, the list goes on and on. I am usually a traditionalist when it come to Pecan Pie, but this year I decided to lighten it up a bit and add a twist with the Kahlua. What a magical creation of flavors. I am Thankful for my family, my health, being Gluten Free and this pie. What are you Thankful for?
- 1 Gluten Free Pie Crust, (I used Whole Foods Bakehouse Brand)
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 tablespoon GF vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 3. Combine pecans and remaining ingredients in a bowl, stirring well to combine. Pour filling into prepared crust. Bake at 350° for 38 minutes or until center of pie is almost set (shield edges of pie crust with foil if crust gets too brown). Cool on wire rack.